AirWare application: Porto do Acu, Brazil
AirWare/EIA application for an industrial district
(sub-contracting to Braile Enghenaria Ltda.)
Location: Coastal location North of de Janeiro.
- UTM 24 - SW: 256.000/7.560.000, NE: 296.000/7.600.000
- Master domain of 120km by 120km;
- Main model domain 45km x45+km (plus sub-domains, including logistics corridor)
- Major city: Campos (dos Goytacazes), ~ 430,000 inhabitants;
- Sao Joao da Barra, North of of the study area, population was 28,609 (2005).
Terms of Reference for the model applications:
10 BASIC SCENARIOS related to project phases, major industrial activities:
scenarios 9 and 10 combine the previous ones, run with AERMOD/AERMET/AERMAP
over periods of 12 month (2008, 2009, 2010) with (substance specific) aggregation periods:
hourly, 8 hourly, 24 hourly, annual, calculated for each scenario, substance and
aggregation period: basic statistics (max, average, number of exceedences in time and space
and at specific receptor locations, AOT) and a list of the 30 highest values, with reference to the
Additional scenarios for sensitivity analysis, NO2 (AERMOD/OLM and CAMx) and traffic (TRAFFIC),
mass budget checks and source apportioning.
More than 300 model scenarios run and evaluated for a total of 359 emission sources sources.