LUC: land use change model, scenario editor
Scenario listing and selector
After user authentication, the editor offers
a listing that shows all available scenarios with:
together with two buttons, view and copy.
The list can be sorted by dates (creation, last update, short name, and user).
One can also use a search function that creates a sub list of all
scenarios that match the string
specified in name, description, or user fields.
- date of creation;
- name of the scenario
- description (free text)
- last update
- user - oinly the user/owner can modify ot delete a scenario;
all other user have read only access.
- create your own, personal scenario, select one of the base scenarios
and use the COPY feature to clone it, after which it can be modified (and cloned again and again) freely.
- edit a scenario, select the view option for loading it.
The top of the page offers a BUTTON MENU with the following options:
- Scenario - generates the scenario listing (relevant from other pages);
- Classes - the master list of land use classes available
- Add class - add a class to the master list or edit it (restricted)
- User info - user information and password editor
- Close - close and exit the editor.
View and edit a scenario
The button view in the list of scenarios selects and opens that scenario for
The scenario description includes the name and a free text description;
the GIS data of the region in question and the initial land use map for the
scenario are shown in two small map windows, with button initial conditions
and GIS data leading to pages with the corresponding details.
In addition to the main, common button menu described above,
specific buttons and their functions (separate editor pages) include:
- Class list - generates a listing and selector of all classes available and
selected for that scenario, with their configuration data;
- Transition matrix - an editor for the a priori transition probability matrix;
- Rules - an editor for the rules affecting the transition probabilities.