All aquifers associated with a WRM scenario are accessible through
Aquifers describe bodies of underground water.
Their primary characteristics that can be edited by the user or are
computed dynamically in the water resources model, include:
- A BUTTON: AQUIFERS that leads to a list selector of all aquifers defined
with the option to define/add a new one;;
- through a pull-down menu that lisrts all available aquifers for linkage
to a node a reach currently being edited.
- Horizontal and vertical extent;
- Structure and geology (descriptive only);
- Porosity and conductivity
- Recharge (natural and artificial) and outflow (natural as baseflow and pumped in wells).
- Chemistry (same as in wells).
They are primarily described by their HEADER and the
hypertext description and imagery.
Attributes are grouped into topics and shown in pop-up windows
that are triggered by BUTTONS.
- Location and extent (defined by a polygon; an import doialog is profided to import
external GIS formats such as ArcView shapefiles)
- Geology and hydraulics
- Links to other objects such as well and well fields.