WRM web version: Node selection and editing
The WRM scenario consists of several major data groups:
- header and meta data
- the list of nodes and their properties, including the
model time series
- the reaches, connecting the nodes;
The nodes button at the scenario level generates a new page with a
list of NODES defined for the scenario;
The listing includes:
The pages also offers search function, the possibility to sort the node list by name and type,
and a button add node to add a new node to the network;
- node name
- node type
- short description
- coordinates (x and Y in the schematic network)
- edit and delete buttons
General buttons in the page header include:
The top level menu, shared across all editor pages includes,
depending on a user's access/authorisation level:
- current scenario (back to the scenario description)
- nodes (the current page displaying the node list)
- reaches - similar listing for reaches;
- view network - shows the network diagram
- back - to the previous level.
The page specific buttons are:
- scenario list - back to the list of scenarios;
- new scenario (RESTRICTED) generates a new, empty scenario template;
- node type - a list of all available node types
- new type (RESTRICTED) for the definition of a new node type;
- user info - can be used to edit a user profile and password;
- help - leads to the entry page of the on-line manuals;
- SAVE - for any modification of the current node;
- DELETE - removes that node instance from the current network; please note that this
may result in an inconsistent network of reaches !
- BACK - return to the previous level.
Edit a node
selecting a node with the edit button generates a new page
- button menus on top of the page (see below)
- header information including:
- node type with a link to the relevant manual page describing that node type in some detail;
- node name a short display name that is nevertheless reasonably descriptive.
- description a free text field to describe the node and its intended function; the first part of this
description text is also shown in the node selector list.
- coordinates X and Y for the node position in the network diagram. The network diagram is shown
on the editor page, the position of the current node is highlighted with a red circle.
- elevation in meter above sea level (m.a.s.l)
- NODE DATA: the data fields offered for editing depend on the node type. They include combinations
of scalar coefficients, integer choices, or references to input time series.
For the input time series, the time series selected is shown as a graph.
The button labeled TS calls up a list of appropriate time series
that can be assigned to this node;
A selector on top of the listing can be used to only show time series for
a specific variable like flow, demand, precipitation, or temperature.
The view button in the listing of time series generates a new pop-up page
that describes and displays the time series data including header information,
basic statistics and a digram.