WaterWare Release Notes
|Release Level || 5.0 |
|Release Date ||2005 06||Revision Level ||1.0
Release 5.0 has installed its own user management to control remote access.
Access is controlled by user name and password.
Users are organized in several groups with different privileges:
- GUEST - a shared account for guest external visitors,
- USERS - normal, named accounts that have read access to all file, and write access to their own file,
- ADMIN - administrative user that full red and write access to all files
- ESS - users for the remote support group.
User management starts with a list of current users; they can be selected for editing, or a new user can be added.
A new user is defined by
- a user name
- first and last name, email address (this is used to re-send the current password on request);
- Group affiliation;
- Password (and a Confirmation filed when creating or changing a password);
- Status (active or not).