WaterWare: The Product
WaterWare WaterWare R6.2 Release Notes
is now available as a completely web based (Intranet, Internet) distributed and modular
client-server system that supports any web browser as the only client software required.
See the on-line demos in the OPTIMA project for selected components.
The system can be run off local servers (with remote support
up to a complete real-time mirror installation),
or as a complete ASP solution
from the high-performance compute servers at ESS,
including a broad range of user support and maintenance functions.
WaterWare is available for servers running
any flavor of the OpenSource Linux operating system,
as well as various UNIX implementations (e.g., SUN Solaris).
Other UNIX platforms can be supported on request.
Any networked client (standard PC) supporting
a standard web browser (MS InternetExplorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera)
with XVGA resolution or better is supported.
WaterWare base system
The base system includes:
Optional components include:
- System framework with GUI (HTML), integrated help and explain hypertext,
- River Basin Object data base, including sub-catchments and river reaches,
reservoirs, and major water user (cities, industries, agriculture);
- Embedded hybrid GIS, MapServer, MapCatalog, MapComposition;
- Embedded rule-based expert system (parameter estimation)
and KnowledgeBase with parameter definitions for a generic, interactive "intelligent"
- Monitoring data management and time series analysis,
- Dynamic rainfall-runoff model
(with optional automatic calibration tools) for sub-catchment water budgets,
flooding, soil erosion and sediment transport;
- WRM, Dynamic Water Resources
allocation model, conjunctive use,
including detailed economic assessment and valuation for cost-benefit analysis;
- Irrigation water requirements estimation, dynamic input for WRM;
a dynamic river water quality model (continuous, basin wide network,
post-processing WRM hydrological scenarios)
- Customized data import modules (import filters) for:
- External monitoring networks and DBMS (ORACLE, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- GIS data formats including ArcView Shape files, TIF;
- Object and time series data in MS/Access or Excel (.csv files)
- Various document and image formats (PDF, DOC, HTML, PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIF)
as part of the River Basin Object data base.
Additional or alternative simulation models (e.g.,
3G groundwater flow and transport, salinitty intrusion, estuaries)
can be integrated on request.
- Support for real-time data capture and monitoring systems as well
as scheduled model runs based on a real-time expert system;
- Integration of a dynamic, distributed prognostic meteorological
model (MM5) for high-resolution hydrometeorological inputs;
- Rule-based expert system for environmental impact assessment
of water resources projects;
- Automatic calibration for RRM model;
- Optimisation framework (non-linear, multi-objective, multi-criteria) for WRM,
including economic and environmental criteria.
- dynamic land use change model;
- 2D groundwater flow and transport model;
- dynamic land use change model.
The base system provides support for an unlimited number
web-based clients (Intranet or Internet with multi-level
access control and user authentication and monitoring), respectively
Maintenance, support, training
All WaterWare installations include
in the basic project and license costs
(open-ended, non-transferable, unlimited number of users);
- On-site installation and testing (we charge only for travel and subsistence);
- Assistance with data preparation from electronic sources, system configuration,
installation building, configuration and customization, up to 120 working days
or six calender months after installation);
- An (optional) one-year remote support, extended warranty and maintenance package.
- Optional user training on site; extension include
on-the-job training at ESS, and a computer based distance
ASP alternative does not require any hardware installation
client-side: servers at ESS are used, clients use a standard PC with Internet connection and
industry standard web browser, the system is accessible 7/24
through a private (non-shared) leased 8Mb Internet (Ether) connection:
- Set-up costs, to build and start an application with
data imports, system configuration, adaptations and customization;
- Annual operation on a subscription basis, unlimited access;
operation include a complete maintenance and support package
including electronic help desk and reporting system (CRM),
training options (distance learning), data base backups,
please do contact us a for a specific quote
Remote Computational Services:
these are transparently integrated with the basi models,
in the scenario editing and post-processing and analysis software,
and require a reliable broadband Internet access.
Computational services can be provided on a bulk annual subscription basis,
or charged per actual CPU usage.
WaterWare is also available in attractive turn-key configurations,
pre-installed and ready-to-run on Intel-based Linux servers
(e.g., Dell PowerEdge) or a range of high-end UNIX servers.
Contact us for an offer and configuration proposal with the
machine of your choice !
Alternative platforms available on request.